- Career Center
|NPA ADVANCE Clearinghouse - Networking|
Potential Interventions to Aid in Retaining Postdoc Women
A clearinghouse of promising practices
B. PROGRAMS: NETWORKING
1. Programs to encourage broader access of postdocs to other institutional faculty, such as speaker series/luncheons with successful women, etc
2. Programs to share experiences and “tacit knowledge” (speakers, luncheons, etc.), providing examples and models for postdocs to share.
3. Workshops or resources for postdocs on how to network, how to attend conferences, how to take better advantage of professional networks
4. Networking or community building activities for postdocs, such as social events for postdocs or participating in a postdoc association
5. Databases of postdoc individuals who are currently job searching
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0819994. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.