Be a Leader of the Resource Development Committee
Tuesday, January 29, 2019
January 29, 2019
The National Postdoctoral Association (NPA) seeks applicants for the position of Resource Development co-chair.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
The Resource Development Committee, in collaboration with the other membership committees, the International and Diversity Officers, and the NPA staff, works to identify the resource needs of the postdoctoral community. Furthermore, in collaboration with the above groups, the Resource Development committee develops and/or disseminates tools and resources for all members of the postdoctoral community, including content and publications on the NPA website. By providing relevant information and resources to NPA members, the Resource Development Committee plays a critical role in many of the NPA’s goals.
- Use appropriate tools and interaction to identify the resource needs of the postdoctoral community.
- Reach out to partner and allied organizations in order to identify existing resources that may meet the needs of the postdoctoral community.
- Develop resource materials for the postdoctoral community, in collaboration with committees of the NPA membership.
- Serve as a resource for postdoc offices and associations.
- In consultation with staff, create and implement NPA-sponsored surveys.
- Consult with all committees and officers to facilitate resource development.
- Consult with other committees and officers to avoid project duplication and promote coordination.
- Develop an annual strategic plan in collaboration with the co-chair, committee members, and NPA Board
- Manage the monthly myPostdoc webinar in collaboration with the committee members and NPA staff
Serving as Committee Leader
Committee leaders are responsible for executing the duties as listed above, with guidance from the Board of Directors and executive director. Committee leaders will work together to divide the tasks and responsibilities of the positions as they see fit.
The committee leader position is a great opportunity to develop or hone leadership skills, expand professional networks, advance the mission of the NPA, and work with a wonderful group of colleagues from across the United States. Most business is accomplished via teleconference, e-mail, and long-distance communications. In addition, committee leaders and officers are required to attend the NPA Annual Conference and a yearly leadership retreat. While no experience is needed, previous experience leading and working in a team environment would be a significant asset. Postdocs and administrators are strongly encouraged to consider service in the position.
Eligibility is limited to Full Members of the NPA, including Sustaining Member representatives. If you are not a Full Member, please visit the Join the NPA page for membership details.
All interested persons must submit a one (1) page application statement and a one (1) page CV detailing your leadership experience. The application statement should include:
- Applicant's qualifications for the position,
- What the applicant can bring to the position, and
- The applicant's interest and experience with the NPA and its mission.
All application statements must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET.