NPA Seeks Leader for Outreach Committee
Tuesday, January 29, 2019
January 29, 2019
The National Postdoctoral Association (NPA) is currently seeking a motivated and committed individual to serve as a leader of the Outreach Committee. If you know someone who can fill this position (including yourself), let us know.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
The Outreach Committee promotes the public image of the NPA and connects with a broad range of stakeholders, including postdocs, faculty, and administrators, and the media. This committee seeks outgoing and dependable individuals to increase the influence and visibility of the NPA through research institutions, professional societies, print and online publishers, and even commercial entities. The Outreach Committee is perfect for a “people-person.”
Mission: To conduct outreach activities to promote the mission, values, goals, and business objectives of the NPA.
- Promote resources, projects, policy issues, events, and related activities of the NPA including National Postdoc Appreciation Week.
- Collaborate with various online and print news sources to create and disseminate articles about the NPA, the organization’s resources/events, and current postdoc issues.
- Develop and implement an annual Outreach campaign to recruit and retain NPA members.
- Cultivate relationships with external organizations including professional societies and associations, industry, and other entities to promote NPA.
- Collaborate with other NPA committees.
- Coordinate with NPA staff and other committees to ensure adequate coverage of NPA social networking resources.
General Position Description: Serving as Committee Leader
Committee leaders are responsible for executing the duties as listed above, with guidance from the Board of Directors and executive director. Committee leaders will work together to determine the most appropriate ways to divide the tasks and responsibilities among themselves and committee members. Committee leaders are encouraged to develop opportunities and resources for postdocs in non-biomedical fields to join the NPA, with a focus in social sciences, arts, and humanities.
The committee leader position is a great opportunity to develop or hone leadership skills, expand professional networks, and work with a wonderful group of colleagues from across the United States while advancing the mission of the NPA. Most business is accomplished via teleconference, email, and long-distance communications. While no experience is needed, previous experience leading and working in a team environment is a significant asset. An existing, active social media presence is a plus. Postdocs and administrators are strongly encouraged to consider service in the position.
Eligibility is limited to members of the NPA, including Sustaining Member representatives. If you are not a member but you are interested in a position, visit Join the NPA for membership details.
All interested persons must submit a one (1) page application statement and a one (1) page CV detailing your leadership experience. The application statement should include:
- Applicant's qualifications for the position;
- What the applicant can bring to the position; and
- The applicant’s interest and experience with the NPA and its mission.
All applications must be emailed to the NPA staff by 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, February 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET
To learn more about the work involved, or if you are interested in being considered, please send an email to email@example.com.