Combined Call for 2019 Annual Conference Proposals Now Open
Thursday, August 30, 2018
August 30, 2018
The 2019 National Postdoctoral Association (NPA) Meetings Committee is seeking proposals for (a) 75-minute concurrent sessions and (b) poster presentations to be included in the 2019 Annual Conference that will:
- provide unique training and professional development opportunities for postdoctoral scholars, postdoctoral associations (PDAs), and postdoctoral offices (PDOs);
- share ideas, problems, resources, solutions, best practices, and success stories with the postdoc community; and,
- encourage networking among meeting attendees.
We strongly encourage postdocs, PDAs, and PDOs to submit a proposal, as this is the only meeting that provides a voice for them at the national level.
Please note that all
of these sections are REQUIRED at the time of submission and must be
present for the abstract to be considered. Further, all proposals will
be judged equally and reviews will not be biased due to the authors’
training and pedigree. Proposals will be selected via a committee review process that rates the strength of the proposal in the following areas:
- Alignment with the goals of the Annual Conference;
- Relevance to NPA members and to the mission of the NPA;
- Alignment with preferred themes for the Annual Conference;
- Completeness of proposal requirements;
- Innovation and novelty; and,
- Format of the session.
Please note that all concurrent sessions accepted for presentation may be subject to informal evaluation onsite at the Annual Conference.
Proposals will be accepted through Wednesday, October 10, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. ET. Click here for more details about submitting proposal.