- Mentoring for the Postdoctoral Fellow by Jonathan Wiest
- Producing Results: Effective Management and Mentoring in Academic Labs
An article by Grace Gray from AWIS Magazine 29 (no. 1 Winter 2000): 14-18. Available to AWIS members only.
- Does Adviser Mentoring Add Value?
An article by Paglis, Green, and Bauer published in Research in Higher Education 47 (no. 6, June 2006). Available by subscription or paid order.
- On the Right Track: A Manual for Research Mentors
Available for purchase from the Council of Graduate Schools.
- Nature’s Guide for Mentors
A guide on mentoring from Nature: Lee, A., Dennis, C., and Campbell, P. (2007) "Nature’s guide for mentors." Nature 447: 791-797.
- Mentoring Scientists: An Ethical Dilemma
An article from ScienceCareers examining a case study on the ethics of mentoring, such as how to choose a mentor and who is the most appropriate person.
- Mentoring Minority Science Students: Can a White Male Really be an Effective Mentor?
Article from ScienceCareers on a challenging topic in mentoring.
- ScienceCareers has multiple resources on mentoring, including this article on Enduring Qualities in Mentoring
Handbooks and Manuals