National Postdoctoral Association
Providing a national voice and seeking positive change for postdoctoral scholars
Special Interest Portals
The Postdoctoral Office Toolkit has been developed with generous support from the Burroughs Wellcome Fund. Access to the toolkit is a member benefit of the NPA. We welcome comments and feedback on the toolkit, including information on model programs and services for possible inclusion in toolkit updates. Contact the NPA Staff to learn more.
Table of Contents:
- Hiring Staff Members
- Financing a Postdoc Office
- Inter-Office Collaborations at Your Institution
- Postdoc Data and Surveys
- Developing a Postdoc Database
- Strategies for Conducting a Postdoc Survey
- Postdoc Surveys and the IRB
- Conducting Exit Interviews/Surveys
- Forming a Partnership with your Postdoc Association
- Creating a Postdoc Advisory Committee with Faculty and Postdoc Representation
- Developing a Definition of a Postdoctoral Scholar
- Developing Postdoctoral Policies
- Creating a Standardized Appointment Process
- Providing Benefits to Postdocs
- Establishing Unified Benefits for Postdocs: A Case Study
- Educating Colleagues on Policies and Procedures
- Creating an Orientation Package
- Developing a Postdoctoral Scholars Handbook
- Addressing Diversity and Minority Issues
- Evaluating Postdocs
- Providing Career Development Resources
- Providing Complementary Skills Development Programs
Click here to view the Toolkit.
Membership in the NPA is required to view the pages in this Toolkit.
Not a member? Join the NPA for immediate access to the tookit.
National Postdoctoral Association * 1200 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 956 * Washington, DC 20005
Phone: 202.326.6424 * Fax: 202.371.9849
© 2009-2015 National Postdoctoral Association