National Postdoctoral Association
Providing a national voice and seeking positive change for postdoctoral scholars
Special Interest Portals
NATIONAL SUMMIT on
Gender and the
March 10-11, 2010
Radisson Plaza - Warwick Hotel
See a summary of the sessions: Summit Overview
See slides from the sessions: Presentation Slides
See photos from the Summit.
Featured keynote speaker:
Kathie Olsen, Ph.D.
National Science Foundation
The goals of the Summit are:
- To examine the unique challenges faced by women as they seek to make the transition from postdoc to faculty.
- To consider the key factors influencing postdoc women's decisions to pursue a career in academic science and engineering.
- To share promising practices and success stories for retaining postdoc women in the academic pipeline.
Who should attend:
- Postdoctoral scholars
- Faculty and principal investigators involved in the training of postdocs
- Administrators and staff concerned with the retention of postdocs and women at their institution and in the academic workforce
- Individuals from agencies and professional societies that support postdocs or work on workforce diversity issues
As part of NPA ADVANCE, the summit is supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0819994. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
National Postdoctoral Association * 1200 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 610 * Washington, DC 20005
Phone: 202.326.6424 * Fax: 202.371.9849
© 2009-2013 National Postdoctoral Association