National Summit on Gender and the Postdoctorate
POSTDOC TRAVEL GRANTS
Sponsored by the National Postdoctoral Association's NPA ADVANCE project, with support from the National Science Foundation.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 18, 2009
The competition is now closed.
Grant recipients will be notified by Friday, January 22, 2010.
Postdocs are especially encouraged to attend the Summit on Gender and the Postdoctorate, and are invited to apply for a travel award to help cover their travel expenses. Travel awards of up to $750 per person are available to cover registration, lodging, conference meals, and travel to the meeting. We anticipate awarding approximately 30 awards. Travel grant recipients are encouraged to consider staying for the NPA Annual Meeting, although travel grant funds may only be used to cover expenses associated with the Summit.
All postdocs interested in attending the Summit are encouraged to apply. Postdoc status must be indicated on the application form. Preference will be given to those indicating no other source of travel funds.
Please also note that all travel grant recipients are expected to stay at the meeting hotel, the Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel.
A successful application will include the following:
- Completed application form, which includes your name and contact information.
- Letter of intent, which describes:
- Your interest and goals in attending the Summit
- Your efforts to obtain travel funds from your institution or other organization, and the response
- Your affiliation and postdoc status.
- Please limit to 1-2 pages.
- One-page CV or resume
- Budget justification for Summit travel expenses, which must include Summit registration fee of $50 per person and lodging expenses for one night at the Radisson of $165 plus taxes. Total award amounts will not exceed $750. Other expenses can include:
UPDATE: Note that the Summit will start late on Wednesday and continue all day Thursday. The Summit registration fee will cover dinner Wednesday night, and breakfast and lunch on Thursday.
- Airfare and/or ground transportation expenses
- Meal expenses
Contact us with any questions on the travel grant competition or Summit.