Combined Call for 2017 Annual Meeting Proposals Now Open
Monday, August 08, 2016
August 8, 2016
The 2017 National Postdoctoral Association (NPA) Meetings Committee is seeking proposals for (a) 60-minute workshops, (b) 90-minute workshops, and (c) poster presentations to be included in the 2017 Annual Meeting that will:
- provide unique training and professional development opportunities for postdoctoral scholars, postdoctoral associations (PDAs), and postdoctoral offices (PDOs);
- share ideas, problems, resources, solutions, best practices, and success stories with the postdoc community; and
- encourage networking among meeting attendees.
We strongly encourage postdocs, PDAs, and PDOs to submit a proposal, as this is the only meeting that provides a voice for them at the national level.
New for the 2017 meeting, Innovation in Action will no longer be a separate submission category. All concurrent session proposals (seminars, workshops, and Innovation in Action) will be submitted to the same review committee. Proposals that demonstrate the qualities of an Innovation in Action session will be identified by the review committee and flagged as such in the program book. In addition, facilitators of accepted proposals will be notified of the suggested session type upon acceptance.
Proposals will be selected via a committee review process that rates the strength of the proposal in the following areas:
- Alignment with the goals of the Annual Meeting;
- Relevance to NPA members and to the mission of the NPA;
- Completeness of proposal requirements;
- Innovation and novelty; and
- Format of the session (for both workshops and Innovation in Action sessions, engagement of participants and session interaction are strongly encouraged and will be considered during the review and selection process).
Proposals will be accepted through Friday, October 7, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. ET. Click here for more details about submitting a proposal.