The NPA has Partnered With F1000 to Bring You One-Year Free Subscriptions to F1000Workspace
Monday, November 02, 2015
November 2, 2015
What is F1000Workspace?
F1000Workspace is a suite of software tools tailored especially for biomedical scientists. It's designed to help write and collaborate on scientific papers, annotate articles, share references, as well as discover and save relevant articles.
How can F1000Workspace help you?
- Save references from your browser - with just one click. You can even save articles to specific projects.
- Smart citation suggestions - receive citations for relevant articles as you type. A great tool for literature discovery, though it goes without saying that you should read and vet before you cite.
- Search the entire PubMed database - read abstracts, and save and cite references all without leaving your manuscript.
- Import references from other software - easily import references from EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, Papers or any other reference manager.
- Shared projects – collaborate and share references with colleagues, communicate your thoughts on specific papers and articles using annotations/commenting.
- Work with co-authors - share a manuscript and keep track of who's added what using the manuscript tracker.
Other benefits and features:
- Your subscription also gives you full access to F1000Prime literature discovery service for one year from the date of registration. This includes access to over 170,000 recommendations from our faculty of 11,000 biomedical experts.
- Your subscription allows you to publish a free short article (under 1,000 words) in F1000Research, our open access publishing platform.
How to sign up – terms and conditions:
This offer is available only to National Postdoctoral Association (NPA) members. The offer entitles NPA members to one-year of free access to F1000Workspace from the date of registration.
To sign up, enter "NPA" as your institution when registering. The offer starts on November 2, 2015 and ends at 23.59 GMT on December 15, 2015. Any registrations after that date won't be eligible for the offer. Click here to sign up!
That's it! Start using F1000Workspace to create projects, save references and write papers!
Can I still work on my projects after my one year free trial expires?
Yes, you can. Any projects you create will continue to remain accessible.
Can I share projects with co-authors who don't have an F1000 subscription?
Yes, you can. Simply invite them to a project. Co-authors will be able to view and add to your projects, but they won't be able to set up projects of their own without a valid subscription.
I want to take advantage of this offer, but I already have an F1000 account – am I still eligible for free access?
Yes! Simply e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be happy to update your subscription.
Where can I find out more information?
We are running a series of free webinars for NPA members to ask questions and get more information. Simply sign-up for F1000 and you will receive a link inviting you to our next webinar.